Sunday 10 July 2016

Where have the last few weeks gone?!

Since I got back from England it's felt so busy!

At the Mustang Rescue
Work at the ranch has been hectic! We had an open day the weekend I got back from England which was a huge success and 4 horses got adopted!! 

I've been doing a lot of work with a little pony called Junior. He's a cracking fellow but at 17 years old, it's not so easy to get adopted. He's trained Western but to add another string to his bow I've been teaching him some English riding too and we're even working on a little dressage! I really hope I can find a nice home for him.



I've fallen in love myself already, with a little dark bay mare called Ariana! She's a 5 year old mustang who was rescued from Fallen feed lot (a place where horses are sold often for meat!) and she's just adorable!

 I've been handling her and getting her used to being groomed and started some very basic groundwork but apart from being haltered and having her feet trimmed she's basically untouched. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to adopt her soon... stay tuned!


Trail riding
Whilst one of the other trainers is away visiting her family in Italy, I'm also helping to exercise horses in nearby Aqua Dulce Canyon. Dom has 3 lovely mares he keeps at home and we ride out together twice a week. The scenery is beautiful and all three horses are exceptionally well behaved!

The three girls out together...
Great views on board Raven
4th of July
Last weekend here was 4th of July weekend. We walked down to the Marina with our friend Josh and watched the fireworks over the bay! It was really fun to get involved and it felt very different to watching the fireworks in November in 20 layers of clothing!!

A night at the Greek
Last but certainly not least, David and I had our first trip to the Greek Theatre which is an open air music venue, up in the hills near Griffith Park and we went to see.....Bryan Adams!! He was absolutely awesome and I was blown away by how amazing his voice still is! The venue made it even more magical, sitting outside in the summer evening air below the stars.... I night I will never forget!

Next weekend...
... Chloe, Joshua and Rob arrive to visit!!! I'm so excited and I've got lots of fun things planned and great places to eat....not long now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment