Thursday 5 May 2016

French patisserie, Los Angeles Fauna and a catch up on Peroni

Yesterday evening David and I decided to walk around the corner to the little French Cafe on Washington that we'd found to treat ourselves to some dessert! There aren't many places you can actually walk to here as everything is designed around the fact that everyone drives everywhere, but we stumbled across this little treasure and we love it! With my parents living in the south of France, I know what good French patisserie should taste like and this place is as good as I've eaten!

The smell of Jasmine outside the cafe is overwhelming, and although the Jasmine is in it's final stage and just starting to turn, the fragrance is still out of this world!

Jasmine outside Le Dijonaise Cafe
I noticed as we walked past the other houses in our road, how different the gardens are here. People are encouraged to be extremely frugal with water, and so it's very different to the manicured lawns you see at home. I took some pictures to show some of the intricate and very unusal plants people use here to survive in very dry conditions. They may be different but I think they are just as beautiful.

I particularly love the bark on the trees as well as the beautiful purple blossoms that can be seen almost everywhere in LA at this time of year. 
Stunning purple blossom




I hope you like them as much as I do!

Peroni is doing well in France with my sister Chloe, although he's been a bit cheeky since he slipped his head collar off and has since refused to let her put it back on! Thankfully she can change his rugs, check his feet and do his fly spray with him loose! She sent me this short video as, being the overprotective mother that I am, I wanted to see for myself! He's gained some more weight which is good and he's still very much best friends with Pedro the Donkey!



No comments:

Post a Comment